WHAT IS B2E?
Bridge to Employment is a 3 year programme (years 11-13) that empowers students to take ownership of their education and life after high school with the support of mentors, education and career experts. Brothers in Arms is excited to be partnering with Johnson & Johnson and James Cook High School as we welcome 48 students into the programme for the next three years.
Information for Students
Our workshops and activities will help you figure out:
- What will I be doing after high school?
- What are the options for me?
- How do I get there?
- What will I do to get there?
- Who will help me?
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PROGRAMME
- Fortnightly workshops, starting April 22, 2017
- You will meet and be supported by a group of awesome adults that have experience in education, different career industries, and the youth and community sector.
- Support to gain skills that will help you with your studies, assessments and exams.
- You will be exposed to the wide variety of health careers that are available.
- You will be part of creating a solid student-focused community to journey with you from Year 11 – 13.
- B2E will also provide you the opportunity to learn more about yourself and your community to build a sense of belonging.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
- To attend and fully participate in at least 80% of the workshops and activities.
- To be real and be yourself.
- Have a passion to take ownership for your future.
CRITERIA TO APPLY
- 70% minimum school attendance rate.
- Submit the full application form by Friday, February 24th 2017
2017 B2E CALENDAR
7th – Applications Open
24th – Application Deadline
27th/28th – Group Interviews at JCHS
6-10th – Students notified if selected
20th – LAUNCH EVENT
22nd – Full-day outdoor team-building event
3rd / 17th / 31st – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
14th / 28th – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
10-12th – AUT Study for Success Workshops at AUT Manukau
19th – Community Challenge Day
26th – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
9th / 23rd – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
6th / 20th – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
27th – Johnson & Johnson Experience Day
2-6th – AUT Exam Prep Workshops at AUT Manukau
18th – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
1st – Fortnightly Wednesday Workshops 8:45-9:45am at school
6th – 2017 Celebration Dinner & Showcase
**Families of students welcome to attend!